Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Firefly

You, enchanting firefly. Utterly and perfectly entangled in the scintillating cobweb you have come about. Perversely indulgent. You can't move, you can't do a damn thing! One inch forwards, sideways, backwards signifies binding yourself furthermore into this harness you've masterfully, though unwillingly engineered. Nice armor. Hat and glove sizes fully considered. If only for your crafty, selfish ways and not your boundless naivety. Well, I hope you simmer in it! Simmer in the juices that your exhaustion immerses you in. Luxuriate furiously in the empty pleasure.
Fester, fester, rot, rot.
I am a true believer. An intrigued passerby and my heart shines timidly. Though I am warned by trepidation, your enticing luminous appearance hastily draws me in... blindly, magically. Soon this habitat in which you reside comfortably numb in brings a sense of familiarity to me that I am only able to find in a Lynchean dream sequence. Free fall. Slowly, I acquaint myself with the inability to hold onto my wisdom, a branch, something! The euphoria has overcome me. It paralyzes me; overwhelms me. A victim of my own wishful thinking. Oh clumsiness, oh frailty. I have no options. No choice, but to... burn, burn, burn! I burn my wings, so that I may hum my way out of the wicked charm that you momentarily possessed over me, enticing firefly. The combustion scars my optimism ever so briefly only to find myself suspended upon the grasp of thin air. In levity. Then fall flat on my face, on the abrasiveness of the hot asphalt.
Wait... I am awake again. I am alive. I am new. Thank you oh so beautiful firefly for reminding me that I have two valiant feet to walk away.

5 comments:

  1. Woah! So poetic! You have a gift of turning pain into beauty and with so much humor. A true lovely soul you are, you beautiful woman you...


    Alex ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow carla !!you blew my mind away !!! you are so talented.. besides that,you have a bigg and beautiful heart !!! you are a shining sun on earth !!! DoNT EVERR LOSE YOUR SHINE !!!

    Daniela Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow Wow, This is what I call TALENT!!!!

    Lucky guy would be the one that wins your HEART, honestly!!!


    Love You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello enchanting firefly... ; )

    impressive writing skills!
    nice bumping into you today,

    j.c.

    ReplyDelete